wheat starch, envirostrip abrasive, starch wheat, starch media, starch dust, organic abrasives, organic wheat, wheat starch, envirostrip, abrasive, wheat flour, CAS# 9005-25-8,
- Wheat Starch Designations:
a) Chemical Name: Wheat starch (starch, carbohydrate)
b) Chemical Formula: C27H48O20
- Wheat Starch General Description:
A modified starch polymer matrix that is developed to have a specific hardness to reduce impact-induced stress during blasting.
- Wheat Starch Nominal Physical / Chemical Characteristics:
a) Specific Gravity: 1.45
b) Packed Bulk Density: 48 lb/ft +/- 4
c) Appearance: White crystals
d) Odour: None
e) Flash Point (dust cloud ignition temp.): 430C
Typically between one third and one square foot per minute, depending on the coating.
- Wheat Starch Typical Chemistry Available:
- Wheat Starch Typical Granulations Available:
Various granulations are available depending on the type of metal or composite surface to be stripped
- Wheat Starch Typical Applications:
a) Used as an environmentally safe blasting material. It reduces air emissions and hazardous waste associated with solvent-based "wet" paint strippers.
b) Benefits include its ability to remove different types of coatings and to be used multiple times on aluminum surfaces (as long as the primer is not stripped).
c) It can also be used to remove paint and primer coats individually or together, in a process called selective stripping.
- Wheat Starch Packaging Options:
Bags, drums and super sacks
- Wheat Starch TSCA (SARA Title III) Status:
a) Included on the TSCA inventory under CAS Number: 9005-25-8
b) For further information please call the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at +1.202.554.1404
- Wheat Starch Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) Number: