- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Synonyms:
amorphous fused spherical silica, precipitated amorphous silica, amorphous quartz, amorphous silica, SiO2, amorphous silica-dust, amorphous silica-gel, amorphous silica-precipitated, silica dioxide, silicon dioxide, soft silica, cristobalite, tridymite, colloidal silica, silica dispersion, amorphous silica= CAS# 7631-86-9
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Designations:
Chemical Name: Silicon dioxide
Chemical Formula: SiO2
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Description:
Silica is noncombustible, colorless or white, tasteless "crystals". It occurs naturally in the amorphous form. The specific gravity and melting point depends on the crystalline form. Silica is known to occur in 17 crystalline phases or modes and five amorphous phases.
- Silica (Si02) Types Available:
e) Food grade
n) Traction sand
o) MIL-S-14760 (AR) specification (milspec. cancelled on 4 FEB 03)
p) SAE- AMS3755B (fumed, white & amorphous powder)
- Silica Powder (Si02) Technical Comment:
a) Fused silica is amorphous. It has virtually no crystalline-silica, which is commonly found in sand.
b) Silica sand is crystalline. Crystalline silica is a leading cause of Silicosis.
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Physical Properties Available:
Coarse Powder, Fine Powder, Sand, Spherical, Crystals
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Typical Applications:
a) Industrial grade applications- filler for paints, plastic, epoxy, glassmaking, papers, semiconductors, automotive, storage, wood & metal primer, water retardation, powder coating, structural concrete forms, masonry treatment, chromatographic column treatment, wood treatment, powder metal molding, furniture coatings, decorative paint, and other general industrial coatings
b) Food grade applications: anticaking agent, defoaming agent, conditioning agent, chill-proofing agent in malt beverages, filter aid, aborsorption, seed germination, cosmetics, and food packing films
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, Packaging:
Jars, pails, drums, multiply paper bags, bulk bags and fiberboard containers. For further information on packaging options Contact READE
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, TSCA (SARA Title III) Status:
a) (Non fibrous form) Not Listed.
b) For further information please call the E.P.A. at +1.202.554.1404 or
c) The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) at +1.800.35-NIOSH.
- Amorphous Silica Safety Information:
Please visit these two respected external website links OSHA & NIOSH for valuable health & safety information
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, CAS Numbers:
a) Crystalline silica= CAS# 14808-60-7
b) Amorphous silica= CAS# 7631-86-9
- Silica Powder (Si02), Amorphous, HTS Number: